from The Century Dictionary.
- Filled with imaginary animals and other beings, as primitive religious conceptions; zoölatrous.
- Having the characters of the Polyzoa; existing in the form of a colony composed of a number of zoöids.
- In Sporozoa, designating a spore that produces many falciform bodies. Contrasted with monozoic, dizoic, etc.
- In cestodes, having the body consisting of metamerically arranged regions each containing a set of generative organs, as in
Tænia. Compare monozoic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective zoology Pertaining to
- adjective biology Consisting of a
colonyof zooidsor similar organisms
- noun zoology A
sporethat produces lots of sporozoites.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From polyzoa + -ic.
Sorry, no example sentences found.