from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of brass horn used to signal the arrival or departure of a post rider or mail coach.
- n. A valveless musical instrument based on such a horn, used in orchestral music.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a horn, or trumpet, carried and blown by a carrier of the public mail, or by a coachman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A postman's horn; a horn blown by the driver or guard of a mail-coach, and at present used on four-in-hands for pleasure driving.
- n. Same as bugle, 1.
- n. A musical phrase or call, such as is given by a post-horn or bugle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wind instrument used by postilions of the 18th and 19th centuries
From post + horn. (Wiktionary)