from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To write postils; to comment.
- v. To preach by expounding Scripture verse by verse, in regular order.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To explain by marginal notes; to postil.
- intransitive v. To write postils; to comment.
- intransitive v. To preach by expounding Scripture verse by verse, in regular order.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To write or deliver a postil.
- To explain or illustrate by a postil.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.