from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Having the characteristics of
pozzolana, a type of volcanic ashused for mortaror for cementwhich sets under water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word pozzolanic.
Manufacturing blended cement (also called pozzolanic cement) is one of the promising trends in the reduction of energy use in construction.
3. Innovative technologies related to the increased utilization of low-energy building materials
· The reaction of cement and water (known as hydration) liberates calcium hydroxide (slaked lime) which reacts with the clay particles to form a kind of pozzolanic binder.
(d) use of low-energy additives or extenders, such as pozzolanic materials or blast-furnace slag, in cement production;
7. Strategies for optimizing use of energy in construction and in the production of building materials*
This can prevent ion exchanges in clayey soils, without however, preventing the pozzolanic reaction.
This can prevent ion exchanges in clayey types of earth, without however, preventing the pozzolanic reaction.
The incineration of unretted pith produces an ash, which has pozzolanic characteristics, similar to those of rice husk ash, and can be used for making lime-pozzolana binders.
4. Innovative technologies related to recycling of materials
The presence of iron oxides allows stabilization to occur efficiently with little cement, as a result of pozzolanic reactions or hardening effects.
This is a pozzolanic reaction, notably as obtained with lime.
This reaction uses up part of the lime otherwise available for pozzolanic reactions.
ORGANIC MATTER: These can block ionic exchange in clayey soils without, blocking the pozzolanic reaction.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.