from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A section for reporters, as in a stadium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The section in a stadium or arena set aside for the press, or specifically for sportscasters.
- n. In a cotton gin, the box in which lint is compacted by a tramper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. box reserved for reporters (as at a sports event)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
• A 7,800-square-foot two-story customized press box with restrooms, air-conditioned seating area, coaches 'rooms, kitchenette, video/production area, outdoor porch and filming area with an elevator for handicap access;
That evening, he invited me to his home for dinner and afterward we went to the midget auto races at Gilmore Stadium where I glanced up at the lights of the press box and saw a group of reporters and broadcasters enjoying themselves.