from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A heavy glazed paper or pasteboard used especially to cover the platen or cylinder of a printing press.
  • n. A small ironing board.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A board made by compressing layers of paper together and drying them.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A kind of highly sized rag paper or board, sometimes containing a small admixture of wood pulp; -- so called because used originally, as now, in presses for pressing and finishing knit underwear.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. Millboard; pasteboard.
  • n. An ironing-board; a board used in pressing cloth.
  • n. plural See press-boards.


press +‎ board (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.