from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To maintain normal air pressure in (an enclosure, as an aircraft or submarine).
- transitive v. To put (gas or liquid) under a greater than normal pressure.
- transitive v. To design to resist pressure.
- transitive v. To pressure-cook.
- transitive v. Informal To subject to excessive stress, strain, or vexation: an executive who was pressurized by a heavy workload.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To put pressure on; to put under pressure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. increase the pressure in or of
- v. maintain a certain pressure
- v. increase the pressure on a gas or liquid
Yet, I wonder how the administration is able to "pressurize" powerful corporate media, which are financially independent of government subsidies.
What may emerge from such dialogue is to pressurize the political parties to give adequate representation to the people belonging to different faith and nurture leaders from different faiths n their organization.
Totalitarian dogma is the correct phrase because to pressurize world governments and organizations to spend billions, and disrupt whole communities, because an elite dictates that it can prove the climate of the future by manipulation of data, and by claiming that mankind is to blame for a future global castastrophe using fear as a weapon, is nothing less than the hijacking of science for political goals.
The other option is resistance -- which will gain the strong cards to pressurize Israel.
Unfortunately, many ethnic, regional, professional and others groups and community also have learnt the same manner and ways to pressurize government.
He further quoted Mr. Beigh as saying in the statement that “No body can doubt the credibility of CBI and no Minister or officer can pressurize the agency”.
The Tamil Diaspora should adopt a conciliatory tone and pressurize the governments where they are settled to get involved in the rehabilitation, reconstruction, development and bring in a just and democratic political settlement.
By her, one more rule book can be just one more tool to pressurize independent media.
King C Bharati also asked the state chief minister Omar Abdullah to intervene and pressurize the Himachal Government to ensure speedy justice to the aggrieved family as this will be a lesson to other anti-social elements to desist from such bullying of the students in future.
The party has further announced a strategic plan to block the city including the air ways to pressurize the government to agree to the agreement.