from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chief minister appointed by a ruler.
- n. The head of the cabinet and often also the chief executive of a parliamentary democracy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In a parliamentary democracy, the chief member of the cabinet and head of the government; usually the leader of the majority party.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the responsible head of a ministry or executive government; applied particularly to that of England.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person who holds the position of head of the government in the United Kingdom
- n. the person who is head of state (in several countries)
Latin primus + minister (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.