from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A complete meal of several courses, sometimes with choices permitted, offered by a restaurant at a fixed price.
- n. A fixed price charged for such a meal.
- n. See table d'hôte.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A menu in which the entire meal is offered at a single fixed price
- n. The price of such a meal
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a menu listing fixed meals at fixed prices
- adj. (of a restaurant meal) complete but with limited choices and at a fixed price
Ilene: The year The Sopranos debuted, I had my heart set on having my birthday at Manducatis, an Italian hangout in Queens where the mozzarella is always soft, the pinky rings flash and the prix fixe is affordable enough for a dozen friends if I pay in cash.