from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being thrust outward, as the proboscis of many insects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being protruded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being protruded or thrust out; protractile; protrusive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being protruded; protrudable; protrusible; protractile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being thrust forward, as the tongue
Latin prōtrūsus, past participle of prōtrūdere, to protrude; see protrude + -ile1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)