from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located in the region of the pubis or the pubes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to the area of the body adjacent to the pubis or the pubes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the pubis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the pubes or pubis: as, the pubic bones; the pubic symphysis, ramus, spine, ligament, artery, etc.
- the inferior, oblique, or descending ramus, forming each half of the pubic arch, partly circumscribing the obturator foramen, and ankylosed with the ischium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating or near the pubis
We are now even trialling fixed penalty notices for urinating in pubic and public nuisance, depending on circumstances. i dont work in the area its being trialled, so dont know the details of rate of infringements vs, notice to appear vs arrest.
NEW YORK - In a significant development around online video viewership metrics for marketers and publishers, Kantar Video has launched its new "Videolytics" platform in pubic beta today.
It's like having a shelf in pubic to display your books -- only you're also displaying other things around those books too -- all of which serves to draw a reader's attention to your work.
He knows that the pubic is overhwelming for reform of Wall Street.
Next thing you know they will be wearing their white sheets in pubic ...
The point of Twitter is to answer “What are you doing” … whispers provide a way of doing that to a small group of folks … with the intention of encouraging more folks to remain pubic with the majority of their status updates.
They wanted God in American pubic life, but, given the memory of religious warfare that could engulf and destroy whole governments, they saw the wisdom of distinguishing between private and public religion.
Despite our glee that we thought we found the word pubic before a story went to press - no such luck.
I think I mostly do what I want … but sometimes, when I’m being particularly snippy or bitchy towards my husband or child … in pubic … I get really self-aware and hope no one recognizes me – from my blog or otherwise.
- Being surveiled is not the same as having those tapes made widely available, and being taped interacting in pubic is not the same as engaging someone in a one-on-one conversation that you know is public and they don’t.