Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • In iron-manuf., a pair of heavy iron rollers with grooved surfaces, between which the lumps of iron taken from the puddling-furnace, after being subjected to a preliminary forging, are passed so as to be converted into rough bars.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.