from The Century Dictionary.
- Commonly received or accepted but not proved; uncertain.
- noun A collection of receipts.
- noun A thing commonly received but not proved; an assumption; a postulate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective obsolete Generally or popularly admitted or received.
- noun obsolete That which is received.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete That which is
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Total: 2 receptary adj. - accepted as fact but unproved writer's block. that is all i have to say.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.