from The Century Dictionary.
- In a reciprocal manner; with reciprocating action or effect; alternatingly; interchangeably; correspondingly.
- In a reciprocal ratio or proportion; inversely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adverb In a reciprocal manner; so that each affects the other, and is equally affected by it; interchangeably; mutually.
- adverb (Math.) In the manner of reciprocals.
- adverb (Arith. & Alg.) proportional, as two variable quantities, so that the one shall have a constant ratio to the reciprocal of the other.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adverb In a
reciprocalmanner; by way of returning(e.g. a favour, insult, etc).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adverb in a mutual or shared manner
- adverb (often followed by `for') in exchange or in reciprocation
- adverb in an inverse or contrary manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.