from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the shape of a rectangle.
- adj. Having one or more right angles.
- adj. Designating a geometric coordinate system with mutually perpendicular axes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a shape like a rectangle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Right-angled; having one or more angles of ninety degrees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Right-angled; having an angle or angles of ninety degrees.
- Shaped like a rectangle; that is, having four sides and four right angles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having four right angles
- adj. having a set of mutually perpendicular axes; meeting at right angles
Sorry, no etymologies found.
(Cake may be left in rectangular pan, if desired.)
The first series is incorporating plain rectangular elements which participate in the creation of parabolic volumes.
I am proud of my quick adaptive thinking, and I dub the rectangular, jerry-rigged rabbit cage the FEMA Trailer.
Gorgeous inside but I don’t like the plain rectangular shape of the exterior.
Nicodemus~ a tan complexioned man with long tangled black hair, resembleing untidy dreadlocks, a thin rectangular beard growing from his chin, piercing blue eyes and appearing to be in his early 30’s.
Dembski has to call a rectangular monolith complex, which makes him look rather silly.
For the sake of lucidity, Oresme conceived the idea of employing what we should now call rectangular co-ordinates: in modern terminology, a length proportionate to the longitudo was the abscissa at a given point, and a perpendicular at that point, proportional to the latitudo, was the ordinate.
The City of Wilmington and the Old Wilmington Association helped pay for the crosswalk called a rectangular rapid flash beacon.
The stock has been mostly trading between HK$71 and HK$80 in the past year, creating a so-called rectangular trading pattern.
The architects dubbed the rectangular house Liquidambar in homage to the autumn colors of the trees that surround the property.