from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • adj. Bent or curved backward.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • v. To bend or curve back; to recurve.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. Recurved.
  • transitive v. To bend or curve back; to recurve.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • Same as recurve.
  • In botany and zoology, recurved.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • adj. curved backward or inward


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • An elegant & beautiful word that simply means bent or curved backwards.

    January 14, 2007