from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A carpet laid down for important visitors.
- idiom (roll out the red carpet) To welcome with great hospitality or ceremony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A strip of red carpet that is laid for a VIP to walk on.
- noun VIP treatment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective special treatment or hospitality
- noun a strip of red carpeting laid down for dignitaries to walk on
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.