Definitions

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • verb Simple past tense and past participle of rediscover.

Etymologies

Sorry, no etymologies found.

Examples

  • They would ensure the development of homegrown “human capital”—a term rediscovered in the 1950s—and perhaps that would turn out to be their most important role of all.

    THE COMMANDING HEIGHTS

  • homegrown “human capital”—a term rediscovered in the 1950s—and perhaps that would turn out to be their most important role of all.

    The Commanding Heights

  • What they have rediscovered is the 6.5 with a lighter bullet like the 129 grain at lower velocity in a smaller case is close or flatter shooting than a larger caliber magnum at long range.

    7mm Rem Magnum receives bum rap!

  • What they have rediscovered is the 6.5 with a lighter bullet like the 129 grain at lower velocity in a smaller case is close or flatter shooting than a larger caliber magnum at long range.

    7mm Rem Magnum receives bum rap!

  • Night-Cycle: The Moon has its glory and the spiritual world (in all its aspects) grows; wealth decreases (when a man is rich he believes he is god; and when he is poor he searches for God); civilization shrinks and Nature is 'rediscovered' -- 'going back to nature' -- metaphysics dominates, and group desire and destiny replace the quest of the (Sun Hero) the Individual.

    SeekingAlpha.com: Home Page

  • Downloading audio books, if you're as technically inept as I am, is a mission, but if it's the only way to access the book that has been described as a rediscovered masterpiece, it has to be worth the effort.

    Sue Arnold's audiobook choice – review

  • I was sufficiently intrigued by the New York Times' recent front-page treatment of the Metropolitan Museum's second recently "rediscovered" Velázquez to rush right over to see it the very next day.

    Lee Rosenbaum: Met's Rediscovered Velázquez: "Philip IV" Falls Flat

  • I was sufficiently intrigued by the New York Times' recent front-page treatment of the Metropolitan Museum's second recently "rediscovered" Velázquez to rush right over to see it the very next day.

    Lee Rosenbaum: Met's Rediscovered Velázquez: "Philip IV" Falls Flat

  • In the past decade, it seems as though the international art world has "rediscovered" John (and the art market finally stumbled upon him).

    RETROSPECTIVE: Baldessari's Beauty Comes Home

  • So could we say that the neural net program "rediscovered" Sturgeon's Law ( "90 percent of everything is garbage"), then erred by figuring that the other 10 percent didn't matter?

    Who Do You Say I Am

Comments

Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.