from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Under cover; screened; sheltered; not exposed; hidden.
- adjective (Fort.) a corridor or banquette along the top of the counterscarp and covered by an embankment whose slope forms the glacis. It gives the garrison an open line of communication around the works, and a standing place beyond the ditch. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Overlaidwith or enclosedwithin something.
- adjective poker Having more money available for betting than another.
- verb Simple past tense and past participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective overlaid or spread or topped with or enclosed within something; sometimes used as a combining form
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.