from The Century Dictionary.
- In the form of a bead or of a collection of beads.
- Provided with or formed of beads, or of small bodies having the appearance of beads: as, a beaded necklace or bracelet.
- In botany, moniliform: said of vessels that are deeply constricted so as to resemble strings of beads.
- Having a bead: as, beaded ale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective imp. & p. p. of
bead, v. t. & i..
- adjective covered with beads or jewels or sequins.
- adjective appearing as if covered with beads.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Simple past tense and past participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective covered with beads of liquid
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Not only are there bead flowers mounted on the frame of the Immortelle, but the frame wires are wrapped in beaded wire as well.
Dressed in short, beaded skirts decorated with bright fringes and buttons together with anklets, bracelets and necklaces, and colourful sashes, the bare-breasted girls, some as young as nine or ten, dance for the monarch.
At length the song drops into a closing cadence, and the little woman, clad in beaded deerskin, sits down beside the elder one.
Then, the late 1990’s saw a dramatic interest in beaded flowers around the world.
Bedecked in the "gold coin beaded leather harem shift" the final model exits.
Im a white woman and I have Monilethrix, a rare genetic disorder that effects the hairshaft, also known as beaded hair, because of the bead like appearance of the hair under a microscope.
Kurt Wilberding/The Wall Street Journal Ms. Furstenberg's show ended with a gold coin beaded leather harem dress.
Thirteen six-point stars surround the portrait, seven to the left and six to the right, just inside a dentilled also called beaded border, which is inside a raised rim.
One is called the beaded lizard and this is called the Gila monster because it's from the Gila River area.
Some items of Huichol art are definitely non-traditional, such as beaded eggs intended for Christmas decorations; others, such as masks of the sun and moon, are borderline traditional.