from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A stop on an organ made up of or controlling reed pipes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An organ stop having the tone of a reed instrument.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a set of pipes in an organ furnished with reeds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In organ-building, a set or register of reed-pipes the use of which is controlled by a single stop-knob: opposed to fluestop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an organ stop with the tone of a reed instrument
Sorry, no etymologies found.