from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A renewed or second insurance.
- noun A contract by which the first insurer relieves himself from the risks he had undertaken, and devolves them upon other insurers, called
reinsurers. Also called reassurance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Insurance a second time or again; renewed insurance.
- noun A contract by which an insurer is insured wholly or in part against the risk he has incurred in insuring somebody else. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun business, finance
Insurancepurchased by insurance companiesthat spreads the riskassociated with selling insurance around so the dangerof one large monetary lossis minimized.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun sharing the risk by insurance companies; part or all of the insurer's risk is assumed by other companies in return for part of the premium paid by the insured
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
re- + insurance
Sorry, no example sentences found.