from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun The area of bare skin around the nostrils of ruminants; the muffle.
  • noun In entomology, the nostril-piece; the front part of the nasus, or clypeus, or its equivalent when reduced in size: used in the classification of the Neuroptera. In certain lamellicorn beetles it forms a large sclerite between the clypeus and the labrum.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun tip of a mammal's nose that is mostly wet


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.