from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Slang in which a word is replaced by a word or phrase that rhymes with it, as kiss by hit or miss.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Any system of slang in which a word is replaced with a phrase that rhymes with it; the rhyming word often being dropped.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. slang that replaces words with rhyming words or expressions and then typically omits the rhyming component


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.