from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A thin paper made chiefly from the pith of the shrub Tetrapanax papyrifer, native to China.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Paper made from the straw of rice, used in China and Japan and elsewhere.
- noun A name commonly but erroneously applied to a delicate white film prepared in China from the pith of a shrub, Fatsia papyrifera.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
thin, fragile papermade from parts of the riceplant, used in artificial flowersand watercolour art.
- noun loosely Any similar paper made from a plant other than rice, such as
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a thin delicate material resembling paper; made from the rice-paper tree
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.