from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The third of the outfield that is to the right, looking from home plate.
- noun The position played by the right fielder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun baseball The part of a baseball field which is beyond the
infieldand to your right if you stand on home plateand face the pitcher.
- noun baseball The defensive position in the
outfieldto the right, typically played by a player who can throw well.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- noun the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is expected to field balls in the right third of the outfield (looking from home plate)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.