from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act of competing or emulating.
- noun The state or condition of being a rival.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of rivaling; competition; a strife or effort to obtain an object which another is pursuing: as, rivalry in love; an endeavor to equal or surpass another in some excellence; emulation: as, rivalry for superiority at the bar or in the senate.
- noun Synonyms Competition, etc. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of rivaling, or the state of being a rival; a competition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
relationshipbetween two or more rivalswho regularly competewith each other. The term usually applies to two rivals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of competing as for profit or a prize
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.