from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Rock containing halite as its main constituent.
- noun Coarsely ground or granulated common salt.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Salt existing in nature in the solid form, as distinguished from salt in solution, either in sea-water or in salt springs or lakes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun mineralogy The mineral
- noun Coarsely ground
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun naturally occurring crystalline sodium chloride
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.