from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Rock containing halite as its main constituent.
- n. Coarsely ground or granulated common salt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The mineral halite
- n. Coarsely ground common salt
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. cloride of sodium (common salt) occuring in rocklike masses in mines; mineral salt; salt dug from the earth. In the United States this name is sometimes given to salt in large crystals, formed by evaporation from sea water in large basins or cavities.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Salt existing in nature in the solid form, as distinguished from salt in solution, either in sea-water or in salt springs or lakes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. naturally occurring crystalline sodium chloride
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.