from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A tropical evergreen tree (Syzygium jambos) of Southeast Asia, widely cultivated for its showy white flowers and fragrant yellowish fruits, used to make jellies and confections.
- noun The fruit of this plant.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An East Indian tree, Eugenia Jambos, widely cultivated in the tropics, beautiful in flower, foliage, and fruit.
- In Australia, the sweet plum, Rancooria cerasifera. See
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun tropical tree of the East Indies cultivated for its edible fruit
- noun fragrant oval yellowish tropical fruit used in jellies and confections
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.