from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A large circular window, usually glazed with stained glass, having stone tracery radiating from the center, often with intricate petallike patterns.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A generic term applied to a circular window, but especially used for those found in churches of the Gothic architectural style and divided into segments by stone mullions and tracery.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a circular window filled with ornamental tracery. Called also Catherine wheel, and marigold window. Cf. wheel window, under Wheel.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In architecture, a circular window divided into compartments by mullions or tracery radiating or branching from a center.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. circular window filled with tracery


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.