from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Biology A fold, crease, or wrinkle, as in the lining of the stomach. Often used in the plural.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. a crease or wrinkle

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A wrinkle; a fold.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In zoöl., anat., and botany, a fold, ridge, or wrinkle; a crease or plait; a corrugation: variously applied, as to folds of mucous membrane or skin, the cross-bars of the hard palate, the wrinkles on a shell or a bird's bill or an insect's wing-covers, etc.: usually in the plural.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. (anatomy) a fold or wrinkle or crease


Latin rūga.
(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin ruga (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.