from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A small furrow, ridge, or crease on a normally smooth surface, caused by crumpling, folding, or shrinking.
- noun A line or crease in the skin, as from age.
- noun A different or unexpected development, action, or idea.
- noun A problem or imperfection.
- intransitive verb To make wrinkles or a wrinkle in.
- intransitive verb To draw up into wrinkles; pucker.
- intransitive verb To form wrinkles.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A short pithy piece of information or advice; a valuable hint; a bit of useful knowledge or instruction; a good idea; a trick; a point; a notion; a device.
- noun A slight ridge in or raised line on a surface caused by contraction, folding, puckering, or rumpling; a line of corrugation, generally one of a series, either regularly or irregularly disposed; a crease: as, wrinkles in a garment, or in an old man's face; wrinkles (small corrugations) in a rock.
- To form wrinkles in: contract, fold, or pucker into small ridges and furrows or creases; corrugate; crease.
- To become contracted into wrinkles; shrink into furrows and ridges; be marked with wrinkles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Local, U. S. A winkle.
- intransitive verb To shrink into furrows and ridges.
- noun A small ridge, prominence, or furrow formed by the shrinking or contraction of any smooth substance; a corrugation; a crease; a slight fold
- noun hence, any roughness; unevenness.
- noun colloq. A notion or fancy; a whim.
- transitive verb To contract into furrows and prominences; to make a wrinkle or wrinkles in; to corrugate.
- transitive verb Hence, to make rough or uneven in any way.
- transitive verb [Obs.] to sneer at.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A small
furrow, ridgeor creasein an otherwise smooth surface.
- noun A
lineor crease in the skin, especially when caused by ageor fatigue.
- noun A
fault, imperfectionor bugespecially in a new systemor product; typically, they will need to be ironed out.
- verb transitive To make wrinkles in; to cause to have wrinkles.
- verb intransitive To
puckeror become unevenor irregular.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb become wrinkled or crumpled or creased
- noun a slight depression in the smoothness of a surface
- verb make wrinkled or creased
- noun a minor difficulty
- verb make wrinkles or creases on a smooth surface; make a pressed, folded or wrinkled line in
- verb gather or contract into wrinkles or folds; pucker
- noun a clever method of doing something (especially something new and different)
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
One extra wrinkle is that some loan officers are good at teasing out the details of a borrower's credit history and finding those that have bad pasts but good futures.
Another wrinkle is that a large first class economic city is a big draw for ambitious folks, even if the average economic situation of a UKer were weaker than the average situation of a Dane (I'm not claiming it is).
The wrinkle is that airlines are now required to have contingency plans on file for how they will deal with long tarmac delays at large and medium hub airports.
People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.
The only wrinkle is that the House proposes to do this pursuant to a “rule” whereby a single vote will determine the passage of both X andY.
One wrinkle is that agencies often don't own up to the costs of their rules, so REINS should also hold for rules that a member designates as particularly controversial, not just "major" ones.
The one wrinkle is that, as one of my fellow CFP attendees put it, we are now a lot like medieval demons: Speak our names, and we appear.
As soon as a joint or wrinkle is detected the Pryder stops and squats and turns on full adhesion.
Another potential wrinkle is star Benicio Del Toro.
A cool wrinkle is you can check your Wii Age at any time with the Wii Fit Channel.