from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To press ridges or narrow pleats into (a frill, for example).
- n. An iron used for pressing ridges or narrow pleats.
- n. Ridges or pleats produced in this manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make wavy; to crimp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To plait, flute, or crimp. See gauffer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To plait, flute, or crimp (lace, etc.).
- To raise in relief, especially for ornamental purposes, as thin metal, starched linen, or the like.
- n. An ornamental plaiting used for the frills and borders of women's caps, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ornamental frill made by pressing pleats
- n. an iron used to press pleats and ridges
- v. make wavy with a heated goffering iron
- n. a zealously energetic person (especially a salesman)
December 1st, 2009 1:11 pm ET everyone should mind thier own buissness, what he doe's in his own time, is no ones buissiness. he didn't commit a crime, so he had a little spat with his wife, owh care's? even if he is the best goffer, it's not not our place to judge him. i am on his side all the way. mary roberts atwater calif. jim
Awl ground up in a greesy grimy goffer sawse tew eet wifout a spoonn( butt (hehe) ai brot a strawww!)
I'll bet people are praying to him expecting him to provide them with good luck situations on a whimb like a goffer or a slave.
However Its normally an extra mit full of cash in the pot from me as I try and turbo speed goffer the place dry This doesn't sound like a good deal.
However Its normally an extra mit full of cash in the pot from me as I try and turbo speed goffer the place dry
"zone_info": "huffpost. business/blog; business = 1; nickname = dan-solin; entry_id = 389738; insider-trading = 1; schottenfeld-group = 1; sec = 1; stock-market = 1; stock-picking = 1; stocks = 1; zvi-goffer = 1",
HPConfig. blog_id = 3; var ads_page_type = 'bpage'; var zone_info = "huffpost. business/blog; business = 1; nickname = dan-solin; entry_id = 389738; insider-trading = 1; schottenfeld-group = 1; sec = 1; stock-market = 1; stock-picking = 1; stocks = 1; zvi-goffer = 1"; if (top!
"I 'ave curled it with the curling tongs -- not perhaps curl, but what the washerwoman would say -- ` goffer,' and for the rest, can you not see the wire?