from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb In no way; to no degree. Used to express negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition.
from The Century Dictionary.
- A word expressing negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition: as, I will not go; he shall not remain; will you answer? I will not.
- Shaven; shorn; close-cropped; smooth: as, a not head.
- To shave; shear; poll.
- A Middle English contraction of ne wot, know not. Also
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective obsolete Shorn; shaven.
- adverb A word used to express negation, prohibition, denial, or refusal.
- adverb [Obs. or Colloq.] only.
- obsolete Wot not; know not; knows not.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adverb Negates the meaning of the modified verb.
- adverb To no degree
- conjunction And not.
- interjection slang Used to indicate that the previous phrase was meant
Unarylogical function NOT, true if input is false, or a gate implementing that negation function.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adverb negation of a word or group of words
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Note also that in their press release they name Amazon as their "valuable customer for a long time" not us the readers and that's a main sticking point, for Macmillan readers *are not* the customers, while for Amazon they are and that's another essential reason to support Amazon btw.
I'm also not into the vampire thing at all..not one bit.
If I'm really evil, might I not stand back and *not* heal a party member so that I can loot a "friend's" backpack?
I will say, given the almost painful descriptive attempts at the island that Congressman Johnson was making, that regardless of whether he is currently on medication or not he should *not* be actively participating in any context of duty if that is an example of his reasoning and interrogative abilities.
You stated above'' I do not sympathize with terrorists sounds like admission to me,,not denial!
My biggest fear is not that I will not be able to retire until I am 70 — it is that I will be foced to take retirement get laid-off at 55 and *not* be able to work until I turn 70.
So I make it a point not to be there..not to be in that spot.
Of course this email references AR4 emails, which are clearly not deleted, since they make up the vast majority of the hacked dump, so were clearly *not* deleted...
Please note that the position of the Bush-Cheney cabal has been that anybody they detain is *not* a POW, but a, well, ... ah, ‘terrorist’, in a ..... well, not a war, except as they say itis.
In his speech last night, not only did Edwards * not* congratulate O (which was seriously unprofessional), but he kept banging on the fact that he has "backbone" -- a not very subtle hint that the "lover" O doesn't have the inner fire/willingness to fight.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.