from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A point-by-point summary.
- n. Baseball A play in which a runner is trapped between bases and is pursued by fielders attempting to make the tag.
- adj. In poor physical condition; weak or exhausted.
- adj. Dirty and dilapidated: rundown housing projects.
- adj. Unwound and not running: a run-down watch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rough outline. Generally used in the definite, as the rundown.
- n. A defensive play in which the runner is caught between two fielders, who steadily converge to tag the runner out.
- adj. Alternative form of run-down.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a concluding summary (as in presenting a case before a law court)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Is this the same guy that supports giving over 2 million dollars to some bar owner so he can run some bar in rundown Downtown Aurora?
And in a rundown, even though A.J. was going back to second, the rule of obstruction during a rundown is he gets his next advanced base and that's why he was rewarded third base.
Here's a rundown from the German papers on the Iraq escalation votes:
E Durazo grounded into fielder's choice to first, M Kotsay out at home in rundown,
K Millar tagged out at second in rundown attempting to advance on throw.
M Bradley reached on infield single to second, J Peralta scored, M Lawton to third, C Crisp to second, M Lawton tagged out at third in rundown trying to return to base.
C Crisp tagged out at second in rundown trying to return to base.
P Lo Duca caught stealing home in rundown, catcher to second, S Green to second on runner's fielder's choice.
D Jimenez grounded into fielder's choice to shortstop, B Daubach tagged out at third, shortstop to third to second to third in rundown, D Jimenez tagged out at second attempting to advance on play.
J Gibbons doubled to left center, B Roberts, L Matos and M Mora scored, J Gibbons out at third in rundown attempting to advance on throw.