from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horse bred or schooled for riding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horse that has been specially trained for riding, specifically the American Saddlebred.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a horse suitable or trained for riding with a saddle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A horse used with a saddle for riding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lightweight horse kept for riding only
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Epiny walked up the hill beside me while Kesey drove the cart and his saddle horse trailed behind.
Dasie's mount was a carthorse, chosen solely because he could carry her weight; her mount had little experience as a saddle horse and she had even less experience as a rider.