from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native of Arabia, or a member of the Arabic race (now widely spread in Asia and Africa, and formerly in southern Europe); an Arabian, whether a civilized inhabitant of a city or a dweller in the desert, commonly known as a Bedawi (see Bedouin) or nomadic Ishmaelite.
- n. A neglected outcast of the streets, particularly an outcast boy or girl, often styled a street Arab, in allusion to the wandering Arabs.
- Of or pertaining to the Arabs or to Arabia; Arabic; Arabian: as, an Arab steed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa
- n. a spirited graceful and intelligent riding horse native to Arabia
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Especially Lt. Dan Choi, he is bilingual in arab and would be a great asset.
Posted in arab birth rate, middle eastern birth rates, population declines.
More knowledge equals less belief in arab stereotypes
The usual line trotted out by these so called arab/arab leaning commentators goes something like this:
In fact, populations like the druze who havent mixed with any population since 1000 AD are much more light skinned than the so called arab “palestine natives”.
And market is the meaning of the word zoca in arab.
The term "Palestinian" was used for centuries after and up until the 1960's to refer to the Jews of the region until Yassir Arafat took the name "Palestinian" to label the arab population.
The real true resistance that has kept Lebanon as a safe haven for freedom in this toilet of dictatorships called the arab world.
Isn't Minnesota the state where the woman called Obama an "arab" at a McCain rally?
The FBI should look into his finances to determine how much of the money that he was given from "arab" leaders were terror funded and take this money back!