from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A pin in the form of a clasp, having a sheath to cover and hold the point.
- noun A pin that prevents the premature or accidental detonation of an explosive device, such as a bomb or grenade.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A pin bent back on itself, the bend forming a spring, and having the point fitting into a kind of sheath, so that it may not be readily withdrawn or prick the wearer or others while in use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a pin, in the form of a
clasp, that has a guardto coverthe sharp point; used to jointwo pieces of fabricetc together temporarily
- noun the pin of a
hand grenadethat prevents accidental detonation
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a pin in the form of a clasp; has a guard so the point of the pin will not stick the user
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.