from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various pelagic tunicates of the order Salpida, having a translucent, somewhat flattened, barrel-shaped body.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A species of Salpa; one of the Salpidæ; a salpian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Zoöl.) Any species of Salpa, or of the family
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of a group of free-swimming
tunicatesof the genus Salpa
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From New Latin Salpa, genus name, from Latin, a kind of stockfish, from Greek salpē.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.