from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various often large and colorful moths of the family Saturniidae, such as the emperor moth.
- adj. Of or belonging to the Saturniidae.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any moth of the family Saturniidae.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the lepidopterous family Saturniidæ.
- Having the characters of or belonging to the family Saturniidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large brightly colored and usually tropical moth; larvae spin silken cocoons
Effect of a biological control introduction on three nontarget native species of saturniid moths.