from The Century Dictionary.
- Resembling, related to, or belonging to the Scorpænidæ or Scorpænoidea.
- noun A member of the family Scorpænidæ.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Of or pertaining to the family
Scorpænidæ, which includes the scorpene, the rosefish, the California rockfishes, and many other food fishes. [Written also scorpænid.] See Illust.under rockfish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective zoology Of or relating to the
familyScorpaenidae, which includes the scorpene, the rosefish, the California rockfishes, and many other food fishes.
- noun A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun fishes having the head armored with bony plates
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.