from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Used as a courtesy title before the surname, full name, or professional title of a man in a Spanish-speaking area.
- noun Used as a form of polite address for a man in a Spanish-speaking area.
- noun A Spanish or Spanish-speaking man.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A gentleman; in address, sir; as a title, Mr.: in Spanish use.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A Spanish title of courtesy corresponding to the English
Mr. or Sir; also, a gentleman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a Spanish title or form of address for a man; similar to the English `Mr' or `sir'
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Spanish, from Old Spanish sennor, from Vulgar Latin *senior, lord, from Latin, senior; see senior.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.