from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A European seashore plant (Eryngium maritimum) in the parsley family, having prickly leaves and dense heads of small blue or purplish flowers.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The eringo, Eryngium maritimum. Also
sea-holmand sea-hulver. See eringoand Eryngium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Bot.) An evergeen seashore plant (
Eryngium maritimum). See eryngium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The plant Eryngium maritimum.
- noun More generally, any of several species of
plantsin the genus Eryngium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun widely cultivated southern European acanthus with whitish purple-veined flowers
- noun European evergreen eryngo with twisted spiny leaves naturalized on United States east coast; roots formerly used as an aphrodisiac
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.