from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A strong wall or embankment on the shore, designed to prevent encroachments of the sea, to form a breakwater, etc. See cut in preceding column.
- noun An embankment of stones thrown up by the waves on a shore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A wall, or embankment, to resist encroachments of the sea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a protective structure of stone or concrete; extends from shore into the water to prevent a beach from washing away
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.