from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A blanket carried by a child to reduce anxiety.
- n. Informal Something that dispels anxiety.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blanket that one uses to have a secure feeling or reduced anxiety, usually in the early years of life: Linus van Pelt had a famous security blanket.
- n. Any object one uses to have a sense of security or reduced anxiety.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a blanket (or toy) that a child carries around in order to reduce anxiety
- n. anything that an adult person uses to reduce anxiety
From Linus van Pelt's security blanket in Charles Schulz's comic strip Peanuts (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.