Sorry, no definitions found. Check out and contribute to the discussion of this word!


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • Even worse are knots like the carrick bend, which apparently have umpteen different names.

    February 23, 2008

  • To add to the confusion, there is a knot called the sheepshank.

    February 23, 2008

  • When I first heard the word "sheetbend" spoken, I thought I heard "sheepbend" and assumed that it was a knot that shepherds used for some reason.

    February 23, 2008

  • A boaters' knot, recommended for joining two ropes of unequal size. The larger rope must be used for the simple bight. Also see double sheetbend.

    January 9, 2008