from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To broadcast simultaneously by FM and AM radio or by radio and television.
- transitive v. To broadcast (a program) by simulcasting.
- n. A broadcast so transmitted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A program or event that is broadcast across more than one medium or service at the same time.
- v. To broadcast a program or event across more than one medium or service at the same time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a broadcast that is carried simultaneously by radio and television (or by FM and AM radio)
In 2008, the Washington National Opera moved its simulcast from the National Mall to the brand new Nationals Park — home of the Washington Nationals — in an effort to get people to sign up and secure better customer-tracking data.
The March 26 simulcast is being produced by Progressive Media Agency, a Portland, OR, based firm led by Adam Klugman and Enrique Arias.
The new season of American Idol premieres this Tuesday, Jan 18 on FOX TV and will be shown in simulcast in the Philippines at 3 PM, January 20 (and of course I have a client meeting then, argh).
Imperial said the simulcast will be the only free, outdoors event of its kind in San Francisco on Inauguration Day.
The show is being "simulcast" live on the radio, with Snyder positioning himself not as a slick TV host but a man-of-the-people radio guy.
There's a clip online of Sam Raimi and Thomas Haden Church introducing the Spider-Man 3 trailer to an audience in New York and London live via "simulcast", and then we're treated to the audience reactions to the trailer.
To mild obsessives who got up at 5am last Monday for the "simulcast" with the
The event was also "simulcast" on the web, making it possible for analysts to participate without having to go in-world.
They are running the anime as a "simulcast" which means that, an hour after an episode has premiered in Japan, it will stream on Crunchyroll with English subtitles.
Finally, they recorded a 'simulcast' concert, the same music played on Earth Mars Venus and Titan.