from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stay or suspension of proceedings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To stay, as judicial proceedings; to delay or suspend; to stop.
- transitive v. To cause to take a place, as at the bar of a court; hence, to cite; to summon; to bring into court.
- n. A stay or suspension of proceedings; an order for a stay of proceedings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In Scots law: To present at the bar: used reflexively: for example, a party is said to sist himself when appearing before the court to answer
- To cause to appear; cite into court; summon.
- To stop; stay; delay: now only in Scots law.
- n. In Scots law, the act of legally staying diligence or execution on decrees for civil debts.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The flavor and texture was phenomenal. resa - yes, sist! mom said it was our southern roots coming through! anali - thanks for visiting mine! gattina - thanks!
I definitely plan to enter more often. lyb - butternut squash and thyme - a great new combination to try! thanks for tagging me! resa - Thanks sist!
Divorced in her early 60s and ready for something new, she drove from her home in Minnesota to resettle in San Francisco, where her two sist ...
April 26, 2008 at 6:50 am rey-sist teh temptashun, reyyy-sist it!
Eg har tenkt på deg stundom, fordi det høyrdes så spanande ut det du sa du dreiv med sist vi møttes.
‘I sist you to compear before the Great White Throne, and I warn you the summons shall be bloody and sudden.’
If they re - sist, and if we have to, we'll cut down anyone who lifts a finger to oppose us and then we'll level the place.
Dr Siti Hasare among your brothers and sist nor the good from you, neither their capacities nor their limitations - who shall never lose their conidence in you as partners in reconstruction and development.
Tuero had come to the Gather with other harpers to as - sist the Hold's regular harper, another victim, as were Tuero's companions.
The little monster grimaced, trying to re - sist, but the chain slackened.