from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short narrow board having a set of four wheels mounted under it, ridden in a standing or crouching position and often used to perform stunts
- intransitive v. To ride or perform stunts on a skateboard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narrow, wooden or plastic platform mounted on pairs of wheels, on which one stands and propels oneself by pushing along the ground with one foot.
- v. To use a skateboard for amusement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. ride on a flat board with rollers attached to the bottom
- n. a board with wheels that is ridden in a standing or crouching position and propelled by foot
I personally hate pigeons but would draw the line at such a brutal killing regardless, beating anything to death with a skateboard is clearly anti social and wrong. (and I am a country girl too) on November 13, 2009 at 9: 10 am kKop
I loved Snowcrash and Jeff found it rubbish (the 'mob guy beating the bad guy with a skateboard' is a hilarious line Jeff!)
Once upon a time, I saw a bootlegged video of someone on a crazy contraption called a skateboard doing jumps and spins on a thing called a half-pipe while loud music blared and flash bulbs ignited.
Lodged between the front and back wheels of the skateboard was a big rock, I guess to give it weight.
Apparently, and I have only anecdotal evidence for this point, the Smurf riding the skateboard is the Smurf you want attached to you in romantic evening moments.
Aye, they are great although I'm told that the one with the skateboard is a painting.
"Just keeping Aaron Cruden off his skateboard has been the major thing," said All Blacks coach Graham Henry.
"Just keeping Aaron Cruden off his skateboard has been the major thing," said Henry.
Threshing not to be confused with thrashing, which is the art of being rad on a skateboard is the art of smashing.
Authorities say the man dubbed the skateboard bandit held up a Wells Fargo branch in the