from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Upward curving observed in the planks of a wooden ship or boat.
- n. Alternative spelling of snye.
- v. move, proceed
- v. Abound, swarm, teem, be infested, with something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An upward bend in a piece of timber; the sheer of a vessel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In ship-building, to curve away sideways from the normal straight position: said of a plank or plate, as at the bows or stern, where it is necessary to force the strakes so as to get an even distribution of the planking or plating.
- n. The line or curve given to planking put upon the curving surfaces at the bow or stern of a ship; the upward curving of the planking at the bow or stern. Sometimes called spiling.
This truth is self-evident to any person of sny political stripe who has ever been to Afghanistan.
On the contrary, the rock oyster does not appear to need the diatomatic nutriment to sny extent, and is fed chiefly by larval forms of marine life.
That there is sny monotony in an endless recurrence of boiled potatoes, boiled cabbage, boiled this and boiled that, never seems to occur to the vast majority of people in this country, who seem incapable of understanding that these different vegetables are worthy of being served in an infinite number of ways.
The Blue Demons didn't go down without a fight, getting within six points early ... web. sny.tv 35 hours ago - Norm Roberts and Fred Hill will be coaching for their futures when they step on the Madison Square Garden court Tuesday for the first round of the Big East tournament.
Instead of sny attacks, why not instead redirect to the topic.
I cannot think of sny self-respecting person who would want to "have his way" with Rush …
Gary can't do it from the golf course or from Bischiotti's sny box at Ravens 'games.
She still stood with poise and grace and gave the performance of her life amid all the sny looks and judemental faces!
The sny remarks, personal attacks on the employees and departments of both the Town and School needs to stop.
Good article on sny. tv about the underappreciation of Carlos Beltran.